Monday 28 November 2011

Optima Font

I have started to look at how I can make the Optima font look interesting, and what techniques I can use to show off Optima's strongest points. I have created a grid and used the Optima's characters to show the soft, smooth curves. I think this will show you how this type face has become the most used type face in the 1960's and 1970's.

 I wanted to show how the characters change thickness and where they decided to place the flicks at the end. As you can see that only some characters have the flick on the end of the letter, as if it was on all I think this would become repetative and the font will become less professional. I have chossen a couple of characters that I think looks very intresting, and would be my favourite letters out of them all. I have chosen the character 'g', as I think this looks very intresting, I like how the the letter flows so well and joins at the bottom.I like how the character joins up so well, and I think the extra on the right side of the character really helps to make the letter look effective. Another aspect of the font that I really like is that some characters are very rounded and smooth; for example 'C', 'A', 'G', but the other letters are very stright and presise. I think the mixture of the both styles in this type face work really well together, and make this font attractive.

I think all of these characters would represent movement, becuase of the constant flow throught the letters. I think this looks very neat, and really draws my eye to this type face. I think the flow within the characters really makes this font become one of the best, this font is not too thick or too thin, it is just perfect. I like how each letter has a change in thickness, this makes each character individually unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment